Monday, March 25, 2013

Coloring fun with some help from the internet

When I was a kid I remember spending hours coloring with crayons and markers in coloring books. Just as electronic media is killing paper books I have a feeling that coloring books might be on their way out. Not only are there lots of cool apps for phones and tablets that let your kid color electronically, but even better you can just search the internet for whatever you want to color, print the page, and go.

Lately when my son wants to color with markers or paint I ask him what he wants to draw (train, dinosaur, Elmo, whales, etc.). Then I go online and do a Google image search for "whale coloring". He picks one he likes we print it and we're good to go.

Here is what we worked on this weekend thanks to our new online coloring book technique.

My three year old painted one of these whales, the other whale he commanded me to paint.
Both whale pictures are now hanging on the wall above his bed.
I hope this helps someone else who needs rainy day activity ideas, or needs something that you can do without having to go buy special stuff (except of course for the computer, printer, and internet connection!)


No comments:

Post a Comment