Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Special diaper pails - worth the $?

Special super duty can
My home diaper disposal station
So in order to put all my cards on the table I should say up front that I never bought one of those special diaper pail/garbage cans and I am naturally pretty frugal. That said I am wondering whether anyone thinks these are worth the money?

These specialty diaper pails are not terribly expensive, maybe $20-$30, but the refill bags seem to be the real moneymakers. They charge about $6-9 for refills and I am not sure how long these refills last - also it seems like it would be a pain to have to shop for the refills.

I have always just used a normal metal garbage can for diapers lined with a basic plastic bag. In fact the same can I use downstairs for scooping the kitty litter is used for diapers. When our son was very tiny we threw all the diapers in there and took it out every few days. As he started eating solid food and the poopy diapers became stink bombs we just put small plastic bags in a basket near his changing table (the kind you get from the grocery store) and threw the nasty diapers directly in those bags and took them out every day.

Any feedback from readers? Are these special diaper pails any good?

No comments:

Post a Comment