Monday, October 18, 2010

Rings Toys - Sometimes cheaper is better

Okay I admit my frugal inner-self was pleased that my son's favorite toys are the cheapest baby toys that you can buy - those dinky plastic rings. From about 2 months old to 6 months old these were my son's favorite things ever.

However my more superficial self was a little miffed that I spent money on toys that he would not deign to play with at all. Now that he is a bit older he is finally paying attention to the fancier toys, including all sorts of nice toys his grandparents and aunts gave him as gifts, but for any new parent I would suggest getting a couple sets of the rings. You can find them at Target or BabiesRUs and a lot of drug stores have them in the baby section.



You can link them together, hang other toys from them, link them to the stroller for the baby to play with while you are on a walk, or hand them to him when you put him in the car seat so that he has something to play with while you drive. They are basically indestructible, good for teething, and my son always seemed to derive a lot of pleasure from pulling a big chain of rings apart into separate pieces.

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great.
    biker cross rings

    ReplyDelete