Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby Apps: Baby ESP (Eat, Sleep, Poop)

So if you are going to spend $ on an app for your mobile phone to track what your baby is doing Baby ESP gives you a lot of bang for your buck at $3.99. And if you are frugal or tentative then try the trial version for free. I used it on my Android phone for about three months and if you are either generally obsessive about your baby, very forgetful, or trying to track your routine then this is the app for you.

What Baby ESP looks like on your phone.

It is easy to use and although I was really only using it to track my son's sleep and nap schedule it has a lot more features. For the truly detail oriented parent you can track nursing times (how long on each side), bottles (how many ounces, how long baby took to drink), diapers (wet and poopy), sleep (naps, night time sleep), medicine your baby is taking, etc. You can also add custom reminders or custom events. For a while I was tracking how long my baby was crying before he fell asleep and seeing the number of minutes crying go down every day was very comforting.


All of your information can be exported to spreadsheets and email and you can see weekly or monthly averages amongst other features. I am sure there are even more functions, but these are just the few that I discovered.


So if like me you were/are actually writing things down the old-fashioned way with a paper and pencil and would like to ditch that early 20th century technology, Baby ESP is for you.


As a bonus using this app consistently was one way that I was able to track just how miserable my son's sleep schedule was until he was four months old and how much his sleep improved (increase in length of time asleep and decrease in length of time before falling asleep) after we did some sleep training when he was four months old - the topic for a future post on sleep training Ferber style.


Anyone else know of other good baby apps or have some feedback on Baby ESP? If so please leave comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment