Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Unsung Milestones: My 3 year old learns to lie

My older son is 3.5 years old and the other day he started telling one of my all-time favorite lies. A lie that I remember fondly telling my parents time after time when I was a kid.

It goes something like this... My son is in his bedroom making worrisome sounding noises. The noises that sound like maybe something is breaking or about to break. So I say in a sort of stern mommy voice, "What are you doing in there?" And my son replies, "Nothing."

That's it. Blatant lie. In that case I think he was kicking toys around his bedroom. It's happened a few other times, always when he is doing things he knows he is not supposed to be doing.

Now I'm curious if kids generally start doing this at about the same time or if our son has picked up some advanced deception skills somewhere. Any comments from other parents?

No comments:

Post a Comment