Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Painting is for kids and parents :)

In the last six months my three year old has really gotten into all forms of coloring and drawing, including painting. I wasn't so keen on joining him when he was using his fingers and the thick chunky paint, but now that he is using a paint brush and watercolors I am finding painting with him to be hugely enjoyable.

There is something so relaxing and satisfying about painting with the water colors. And I'm not talking about being creative, I am talking about me printing a picture of some animal or airplane or car that my son wants to paint then fastidiously painting within the lines.

For example, here is my latest masterpiece.
My new stress reduction technique.
It's not as entertaining as watching Arrested Development or as healthy as going for a jog or a long walk, but it is very calming after a long day. And to be honest last night after my boys were both asleep I spent a few minutes painting by myself!

Meanwhile my son has made great progress in the art department, a big achievement for a kid who is pretty bad at sitting still. He went from thinking crayons were for chewing at 18 months to painting and coloring in the lines at 3.5 years old.

18 months old: crayons are non-toxic for a reason right?

3 years old: using tools appropriately and coloring in the lines!



No comments:

Post a Comment