Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Boys are everywhere in 2009/2010. Is this a statistical fluke or a conspiracy?

Many of my friends are either currently pregnant or had a baby last year. And they almost all seem to be having boys! There were a few adorable girls born among my circle of friends but it seems like the boys way outnumber the girls, so my question is... Is this a random fluke that is just occurring in my circle of friends and acquaintances, or is this a conspiracy cooked up to prevent women from taking over the world?

At my last count of people who are either currently pregnant or recently had a baby these are the stats:
Boys: 14
Girls:   4

What was even weirder was that the childbirth class I went to right before our son was born had about 20 couples, only 2 of whom were having girls. The breastfeeding support group I went to right after my son was born was also heavily skewed toward boys, with maybe 9 boys and 3 girls on most occasions that I was there.

Am I just living in a boy-bubble?
Am I just noticing boys more now that I have a son?
Or are boys really conspiring to take over the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment