Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bare feet and strangers

My son does not like socks or shoes on his feet. He will often tear the first sock off by the time I have finished putting the second sock on his other foot. We go on lots of walks with him in the stroller, and although winter in southern California is not really cold, it is cold enough that I have had a lot of strangers tell me my son's feet must be cold with a disapproving glare.

sockless, shoeless, and happily playing with his feet

So I figure there are a few ways I can handle this...
  1. put duct tape around his feet for warmth
  2. shop for lace up baby boots that I could then double knot
  3. keep him in pajamas all day since they have little attached feet
  4. not go out in public
Anyone have any better ideas?

Currently what I try to do is put on the socks and shoes and quickly cover him with a blanket and tuck the blanket in so that he has a tough time grabbing at his feet. Also I give him something to hold so that he plays with that instead of his socks/shoes. Both of these tactics usually work for about two minutes until he gets bored and flings off the blanket/toy/bottle and reaches for his feet.

All I can say is it's a big relief that I don't live somewhere really cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment